Thursday, November 11, 2010

Traditional Living Room

I have a hard time defining my interior decor style.  Sometimes I like modern design with bright pops of color and sometimes I am really drawn to traditional decor.  I suppose my style would be traditional design with modern twists here and there. 

One of my favorite house tours is this Bay Area house featured in House Beautiful. My favorite room in that gorgeous house is the living room.

I love the chocolate brown walls, the tailored sofas and the white ceramic accents. I like the simple window treatment especially contrasted against the large crystal chandelier. It makes the room formal, but not fussy.  I hate living rooms that are stuffy and uptight.  You should be able to actually sit and relax in a living room.


The animal print stool is a fun pop of interest. I love that white ceramic fox on the glossy coffee table. I also like that they have two sofas facing each other.  Plenty of sitting areas for when you have company. 


I like the symmetry not just on the mantel, but also on the side tables flanking the fireplace. Love that Burberry print blanket.

The French chairs add a nice touch of comfort to the room. I like the artwork and the crystal lamps, because they blend in to the room.  They add character, but don't distract.

I love that orange blanket draped against the chair.  It adds a nice pop of color.

My favorite elements of the room incude the tailored and neutral upholstered pieces set against the chocolate walls;  coupled with the subtle pops of color & patterns. I am keeping this room in my inspiration files!!

2 comments:

Penguin said...

I wish my apartment looked like anything you have posted on your blog- you post the most amazing interior designs. I love the chandelier with the dark shades.

Vino de Casa said...

Thanks Penguin! I wish my living room looked like this picture :)