Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quest for a Desk

I have a loft in my Texas home that I would like to use as an office.  This is a bad picture of what the space used to look like with the prior owners' furniture.  Those leather chairs are *NOT* mine, they were the prior owners':




You can't tell from the photo - the space is 11' by 11.'  I am using the Kardashian office I posted yesterday for inspiration. The Kardashian desk is a mirrored glass one, but I think I am leaning toward a glass top one.  Similar look, but not quite so glamorous/fussy. I don't want it to look out of place in my house.

I really like the WS Home Mason Glass Top Desk:

Here is another picture of that same desk:


Williams Sonoma Home has another glass top desk I really like, although the legs are different.  The Hampstead Glass Desk

Here is another picture:


 West Elm  also makes a glass top desk at a very reasonable price:

Decisions, decisions.  Really what I need to do is write up my budget for the room and stick to it! That will be the deciding factor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the first one you posted, the WS Home Mason desk I believe. The one from West Elm looks a bit too industrious and cold to me, and while I like the bamboo legs of the other ones - I like the streamlined look of one color with the legs of the first one. And then you can warm it up with all sorts of different stuff. :)

Vino de Casa said...

Thanks Alexis! I am also leaning toward the Mason desk... but the one with bamboo legs is a close 2d. I think this calls for more research!