Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sadness

Last night one of my friends in Texas died in a car accident.  She was on her way home after a full day at work.

I feel a tremendous sadness knowing the world has lost a woman with a heart of gold.  Ana always went out of her way to be gracious with me and my mom.  When she found something funny she would let out this very loud, very hearty laugh - it was contagious.  She was a skilled hair stylist and would often give my mom and grandmother makeovers because she thought every woman should feel pretty.

Last May we had a big family event and I made a song request to the DJ.  Turns out he didn't have the song in his music library, but Ana would not give up that easily.  She downloaded the song on her iphone, emailed it to the DJ, he then in turn downloaded it into his system and played it.   I don't even remember what song it was - all I remember is that Ana had the firm resolve that if one is craving to dance to a particular song, then one should find a way to make it happen.

My heart aches for her children - especially for her young daughter that is expecting a baby in a few months.  I could never find the words to express my sorrow and grief to them. 

May all your angels surround you, Ana, and help guide you toward peace.  I will always hold your laugh in my heart.

2 comments:

Penguin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She sounds like a great lady. I hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you.

Vino de Casa said...

Thank you Penguin.