Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pretty Bedrooms

House Beautiful is one of my favorite magazines and they have a great online library of pictures & articles you can use for inspiration.  They currently have an article called 12 Romantic Bedrooms and there a few bedrooms I really like:

I wouldn't decorate my master bedroom this way, I think master bedrooms should be equal parts feminine & masculine (in my humble opinion).  But I think this would make a beautiful guest bedroom:

 I love the upholstered headboard and how the stools at the foot of the bed coordinate but don't exactly match the headboard. I also love the simple bedding.


I would have killed to have this bedroom when I was a teenage girl. I love the understated canopy (well, as understated as a canopy can be), the sunburst mirror and the pink tuxedo sofa tucked under a window.  AND the swatch of pink on the ceiling = girly perfection.  Again I love the simple bedding.
 Mercifully I am not a teenage girl anymore, but if I was - I would love to re-create this look.

Lavender is a very soothing color and I have been told that painting bedroom walls this color helps people relax and unwind.  Unfortunately for me, an ex-boyfriend of mine had hideous purple walls in his bedroom. Hideous.  Since then, I have stayed away from shades of purple on walls.  But this bedroom has me thinking twice.
 I love the headboard: it is made of rustic materials, but has feminine gracious lines.  I love the petite nightstand and table lamp.

I'm not sure how I feel about this bedroom.  At first glance, I really like it.  But then... is it too old (lady-ish)?  Pending a final verdict, I added it to my list because it is interesting and it makes an impact.


4 comments:

Penguin said...

I really like the canopy on the 2nd picture, I'm not a teenage girl but I still want one!

Vino de Casa said...

Me too!! :-) I think we are teenage girls at heart.

Unknown said...

The last bedroom reminds me of something an old heiress would have in her Palm Beach winter home. While beautiful, I could picture myself more sitting at that little table interviewing the old heiress rather than living in the bedroom myself. :)

Vino de Casa said...

@Alexis - so true!!