Tuesday, November 16, 2010

House Tour

I have been following the blog Knight Moves for about a year.  The woman who runs the blog has amazing tastes and her own house is gorgeous.  A different blogger, La Dolce Vita, featured a house tour of the Knight Moves house here.  A couple of pictures below.

I like the neutral grays and creams with occasional pops of orange.


I like the chandelier above the bed and the symmetry flanking the bed.  And that bed - so luxurious!



What I like about the house tour is that they tell you where some items were purchased! And its a real mix of high end and bargain priced items.

I would love to use the same cool color palette above in my Texas home.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work because my house has terra cotta floors and chocolate brown carpeting on the stairs.  I am sure it's possible to keep the color palette cool if I were to stick with lots of whites in my house.  But it would be very hard to maintain clean.  What I can do is take some of the elements from the above house tour and use them for inspiration here and there. Yay!!

No comments: