Friday, November 19, 2010

Scentsational Home

I love burning scented candles in my home.  In fact, I am a bit of a candle connoisseur.  I have two all-time favorites candles:

For Spring, Summer and Fall, I burn diptyque baies-candle:

It smells like roses and blackcurrants, yet it also has a green/leafy scent.

In the Winter, it's the diptyque feu-de-bois-candle:

This is my #1 favorite candle of all time.  It reminds me of some very special moments in my life and just thinking about it makes me nostalgic.  It smells like firewood.


These are luxuries though and I can't afford to burn them every day.  So for every day use, I am quite fond of the Votivo red currant candle:

It has a bright berry scent, but with layers of vanilla (or maybe cream?).  It's lovely.

Last night, a friend of mine gave me an awesome gift which I predict will become an all-time favorite. It's not a candle it is an atmosphere spray from Demeter:

We traveled together to New Zealand and everywhere we went, we noticed how amazing the air smelled.  Fresh and green with floral notes.  This spray takes me back there.  LOVE IT!

I like spending the time to make my home beautiful and special.  Even when it's just me and the dog at home, I light a candle and let my home take on that coziness that comes from a small flickering light.

No comments: