Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ellen Pompeo's House

Elle Decor featured Ellen Pompeo's house earlier this year.  It is a Mediterranean house like mine and so I often I go to it for inspiration.  The house is a bit more boho chic than I care for, I think it is a beautiful house.

I love the contrast of the dark wood behind the white upholstered chairs.  I also like the pops of pink.


I like the pendants over the dining table.  My dining room table looks a lot like this one so am considering installing 2 or 3 pendants in the dining room like in the picture:



I like the open cabinets of her kitchen and I love the floor.


 The living room is a little too boho/anthropology professor like for my tastes, but I like how they set up the art work.

I love the Moroccan screen and pendant in the hallway.  I love the staircase too.



The architectural details - those windows & the ceiling beams coupled with the high ceilings - are gorgeous.


1 comment:

Penguin said...

I love the giant photograph in the kitchen. You don't normally see a lot of artwork in kitchens right? Or at least not many I've seen maybe. It gives it such an interesting feel.