Monday, November 8, 2010

Bookshelf Challenge Pt. 2

About a year ago I started redecorating my apartment in NYC.  Before this, it was very blah.  None of the furniture was really a reflection of my taste, I just bought pieces on sale over the years.  The result was not so pretty.

This is what my front entry way looked like before:

The only thing there was that red/orange painting.

Even though I am not allowed to paint the walls, I like to live on the edge.  I painted that little nook a very pale silver gray and added a white lacquer bookshelf.  At first glance you can't even tell that the wall is now pale gray:



It already looked much better than before, but still not quite "there." I found a white bookshelf at Lonny Magazine that I used as my inspiration:


After a trip to the Container Store and to Gracious Home, I added some bright magazine butlers to hold my magazines and to hold any work files that I keep at home.  I rearranged the books added some flowers and now here is the final bookcase:
These are the top shelves. I keep fabric swatches in the orange drawers.  I use that white hand (which maps out the key palm reading sections) as a ring holder.  I also keep my perfume (L'Ombre dans L'Eau) on the black tray so I can do a quick spritz before walking out the door.

I added some bright magazine butlers to hold magazines and files & to add some much needed pops of color.


I really like the way it turned out! I love the color, but most of all I love that all my files and magazines are organized and easy to find. 

3 comments:

Penguin said...

Ooooh I love it! the colors are great and I like the flowers in the vase as well.

Vino de Casa said...

Thanks Penguin! You know I played around with lighting and with camera settings, but the pictures aren't very bright. And they're a bit blurry. Maybe I should upgrade my camera...

Penguin said...

I am always for camera upgrades, but that's just because I have no self control!