Thursday, December 9, 2010

Living Room Inspiration

I have hit a roadblock in designing my living room in Texas and I am in need of a dose of inspiration.  Here is the problem: I'm not afraid to use color, but my preference to date has been to have a neutral color palette with pops of color here & there.  I would bring the color with throws, pillows and accessories.  But lately I have been really drawn to bright fabrics used on upholstered pieces. Should I go for it and venture into the world of printed upholstery or stick to printed slipcovers?

1.Keep it neutral:

I love all white living rooms, but I am a realist and know that is an impossible dream.



I am really drawn to the printed curtains and the symmetry of this little nook.


Absolutely gorgeous.


I like the masculine feel of this room.  In fact I've realized how drawn I am to more masculine type design with a few feminine accents here and there.  I hate pinky flowery rooms - yuk.


How awesome are those crystal lamps?  Another element I find I like a lot is two sofas facing each other.

2. Or add some bright fabrics?

I love the lines and the print on that club chair.  Love!!


How punk rock is that pink zebra print chair!? Imagine a room with very neutral and masculine lines and then boom - pink zebra in the corner?

 This room is lovely with pops of turquoise everywhere.

Images via Caldwell Flake.

These images are all so delicious - I could stare at pretty rooms for hours. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you should go for the color !!!!