Saturday, December 18, 2010

In the Mood

I spent this morning browsing images of rooms that inspire a particular mood or feeling.


This room feels very masculine to me.  I love the large windows surrounding the room and the leather seats by the window.  I see this room and it makes me want to drink scotch.


This room is very sexy.  Dark and moody, but a bit eclectic too.  It feels very sophisticated.  I think its a combination of the dark walls, the lacquered beams on the ceiling and the velvet upholstery.  I see this and it makes me want to drink a glass of red wine.



This room is very calm.  I love the pale colors - they are very soothing.   The sofas are velvet and look very comfy.  I like the touch of green in the corner.  I see this and want to drink a mug of hot tea (with a nip of bourbon).



I adore this room.  It makes me feel like dancing. I love the bright white walls and the large windows.  The green sofa ties in with the lush green foliage outside. I love the cocktail tables - they add a nice touch of bling to the room.  This room makes me want to drink a caipirinha.


This room feels relaxed and cozy.  I loved the muted neutral colors, the artwork and the pops of orange here and there.  I also love the seagrass rugs paired with patterned throw rugs.   I see this room and it makes me want to drink a glass of sauvignon blanc.

{Images via House Beautiful}


What mood do you want your living room to inspire?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post. I have to think about what mood I would want my living room to inspire.