Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

It is a cold morning in NYC today.  Just a few days ago I was in sunny south Texas enjoying the sunshine and palm trees.  Here is a view from one of the guest bedrooms:

I love that all the houses in my neighborhood have terracotta roofs. 

A couple of pictures of my patio - slowly coming together.  These are hand me downs from my parents.  I intend to replace the brown cushions with something brighter. I also have an outdoor rug that I would like to add.



I love NYC.  I have learned so much living and working here.  Yet, I feel it's time to make a change.  But the thought of moving back to Texas scares me.  What if I am not happy living there?  What if the work I could do there doesn't challenge me?  That's very important to me - I need to feel that I am constantly learning and improving my legal skills.  I know that I am at a crossroads right now and I need to start taking steps on the path that is to be the next chapter of my life - but I am hesitant.  How does one work through something like this?  To be clear - I am not complaining.  This is a good problem to have, but I am concerned that by doing nothing by default my choice will be to stay in NYC.  Ok - enough of that. 

My will next post will be on how to paint cheap laminate bookcases to give them a makeover.

No comments: