Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Decorations


I love decorating Christmas trees.  One year, I decorated my tree in NYC with butterflies as shown above.  I loved it.  For my house in Texas, I bought a giant Christmas tree and spent a few days decorating it.

My theme is metallics with blue and green.  I kept the butterfly theme going, but a little more subtle this time.  I had a hard time photographing the tree, but here is a closer detail of some of the ornaments:


Now I am on the hunt for the perfect tree topper.  What should I use?  An angel?  A giant butterfly (teehee, only kidding)?  Ribbon?  Nothing?    Not sure how to finish the tree.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you should use nothing. I like pretty silver or gold big bows with some ribbon coming down over and around the top of the tree. Angels can be tricky, some are just cheesy. Same with stars. I see a lot of snowflakes in your tree there, and I have seen big stars/snowflakes that are nice. Hope this helps !

Penguin said...

I think big bow too. I can't stand when the angels have creepy faces and it's so hard to find a non creepy one. I've seen some pretty glittery stars but I love the idea of the bow with the ribbon down the sides!