Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sexy Time

I am happy with the living room in my apartment, but my bedroom is not quite there yet.  The problem originates with the fact that I bought bedroom furniture with an eye for function and not style.  Ideally, it should be both.  You want something that serves its purpose but is also a reflection of how you want the room to look & feel.

I want my bedroom to feel warm and sexy. I found some inspiration at Elle Decor (of course! I love that magazine).


This bedroom feels tropical sexy to me, but only in an ideal world where I have a live-in house keeper.  Because that much white requires a lot of care.  I suppose that's what lends the room sexiness - it's breezy, yet luxurious.

 


What I love about this room is the combination of the very bright yellow with the stark metallics.  It feels very fresh and sophisticated.  The browns add warmth to the space.  It is a very NYC bedroom.



This room is very cozy, it does have a snooze factor to it (not the good kind of snooze), but the fireplace outweighs any blandness.  A roaring fire by the bed is the ultimate sexy.



I love, love, love this bedroom.  It is so young, fresh and colorful. The green tufted sofa adds some soft luxury to the room and the charcoal artwork adds a nice touch of edginess. I love the monogramming on the bedding.



How awesome is this room?  A bit over the top, yes; but a gigantic mirror as a headboard =  much sexiness. I love the bright red comfort and touch of zebra print on the bed.  I am not sure what's the thing at the top of the mirror.  It could be a projector or a lamp... hmmm.  I am also digging the nude artwork.  ;-)

{Images via Elle Decor}

So much inspiration and so limited by budget.  *Sigh*

No comments: