Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Balance

Dear Readers,

Last month I did not do a good job of maintaining balance in my life.  Work kicked my butt for a solid four weeks.  I have never worked that intensely before and my entire life revolved around work.  The few hours I had off here and there I felt drained and exhausted.  Mercifully, I had a few days off last weekend and I flew down to Miami for a mini spa vacation.  It was awesome and I feel recharged and focused.

I missed this blog. I missed reading my favorite interior design blogs and magazines.  I had frequent dreams last month that I was designing people's homes.  

I wonder how hard it would be to transition my legal practice to a design themed career.  Could I be in-house counsel for a shelter magazine?  In house counsel for an interior design firm?  Start my own business? 

Before I start leaping from idea to idea, I should focus on simply maintaining some balance in my life.  Readers, a life that revolves around work 24 hours a day is not a life worth living.

While in Miami, I alternated my spa time between the Delano and the Ritz Carlton.  The decor at each place was delicious eye candy for me.

The Delano Hotel:

The Rose Bar.

Blue Door

This was my favorite - the spa terrace where you can lounge & drink champagne between spa appointments.


The very chic lobby.



The Ritz Carlton South Beach:


My favorite lunch place is the Di Lido at the Ritz.  It's ocean side and has gorgeous views.



 
 The gorgeous pool with views of the ocean.


The art deco lobby - there is a super classy art deco style bar in the lobby. I wish I could find pictures of it!! Maybe for another post.

1 comment:

Penguin said...

You did exactly what I just wrote about in my blog today with your trip!! I love that spa waiting area, I kind of want to live there. I'm glad you are back now (in real life and on the internet). Miss you!!