Monday, February 21, 2011

Jenny from the Block

Veranda magazine recently featured Jennifer Lopez's home on its pages.  I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the house.  It is a beautiful home, but I somehow expected her house to be a bit trendier, more glamorous.  That said, I do love the blues and grays used throughout:



I absolutely adore this staircase coupled with the lunette sofa.  I love the curves in this space - so feminine and elegant.



The living room is very elegant and soft, but a touch - cold?  Perhaps it's just the effect of staging the room to photograph it, but it lacks warmth in my view.






I love this dining nook!  I love the round table and white upholstered chairs.  I want that light fixture - it's so simple, elegant and brings old world charm to the space.  How awesome are those blue cabinets.  Love this room!




I don't know a lot about kitchens, but aesthetically speaking - this kitchen is perfect in my eyes. I love the black stove and the blue cabinets!

The one thing I found very J-Lo in the house was this:  
A pink gown set in the corner of a guest bedroom.  Swoon!!  So girly and chic.

1 comment:

Penguin said...

Does she pay someone to dust that dress in the guest room?! Or is that an 'only for the photo shoot' thing? Also, I WANT HER STOVE!!!!