Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reset Button

New year, new goals. 

Fitness and Nutrition.  A year and a half ago I tore a small muscle and the meniscus in my right knee.  The recovery process was long and painful.  Last October I discovered Physique 57 and have been going to classes about 5 times a week. I love Physique 57.  Love it!  I have never felt better and I plan to continue in 2012, but I also need to add some focus to nutrition.  So next week I will be doing a 5 day raw foods/juice cleanse via Organic Avenue.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  I think it will be a good way to reset the button on food & nutrition.  I will post here about my experiences.

Travel.  I want to travel more in 2012.  I already have a week long trip scheduled in July to the Outer Banks in North Carolina.  I cannot wait!  I want to plan long weekend trips out of town and one big vacation 2012. 

Fitness Retreat.  I want to go on a fitness or nutrition retreat in 2012. I did a yoga retreat in August 2010 and was amazed at how good I felt after only 3 days of vegetarian food, yoga and meditation.  I'd like to do something similar again in 2012 at minimal cost to me.

Career.  I will figure out the next step in my career in 2012.  This is one area that I need a lot of guidance with because I honestly don't know what the best next step should be.  I'm asking for guidance and advice regarding my career.  I am happy now - nothing to complain about in that department - but it's time for me to start planning what comes next.

Social Activties.  I will plan many more social activities in 2012.  I am in a rut and always end up doing the same things: dinner dates, brunch dates and movie dates.  Time to shake things up!  I'm asking for help in this department, if anyone can recommend activities in NYC, please let me know.  I'm not afraid of attending things solo, either. 

Hobbies. I will update this blog with more frequency in 2012. I will educate myself more on interior design and will post more photos I took myself.   Especially since I just bought a fancy new camera - the Canon G12!! 

Charity.  I am down on my knees grateful to life and to all the people that have helped me along the way.  Down on my knees grateful.  I have the financial freedom to pursue my goals and that's a luxury not many people can enjoy in our current economy.  I will be more charitable in 2012.

It's gonna be a good year!

No comments: