Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Two Easy Love

On to Day Two. I woke up feeling ok. Nothing out of the ordinary.  On the menu today was:

1 Aloe Vera elixir. this was absolutely disgusting. Yuck! I'm glad it was just a shot and not a full bottle of juice. According to Organic Avenue, "Aloe vera juice is known to help to detoxify the body and cleanse the colon."  If they say so.

2 Pear Juice.  This was sooooo good. Absolutely delicious, I felt great after drinking it.  The fiber in it really helped move things along (ahem) soon after drinking it. 

3 Veggie Vibe. Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Beet, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Lemon, Ginger, Parsley.  Delicious, light and tangy. It was also very filling and that's a good thing.  I only drank about 3/4 of the juice as I just did not have room for more liquid.

Side note: although there is no tomato in it, I think with a little bit of vodka it would make a really great bloody mary ... that is a bit sacrilegious, no?  To be thinking of cocktails while doing a cleanse. Sigh.

4  Arugula Sprout Salad.  This was amazing. I loved it even more than the Caesar salad I had the first day.  The salad is topped with little balls of something  called "carrot cheese."  I swear - they tasted just like a goat cheese. Yum!

5 Sunflower Falafel.  This was very yummy, but I felt stuffed and could only finish half of it. Which left me pretty amazed, because I am a big eater. 

About an hour or two after having the falafel I went to a Physique 57 class.  I felt good, but no crazy wave of energy until after class was over.  I walked out of class feeling great.  I had so much energy I felt like I could go dancing or take a Zumba class.  I felt amazing.  The down side is that the energy surge lasted until way past midnight. That could be a combination of working out in the evening and eating such nutritious foods.

6 Chocolate Mousse. Cacao, Almond.  I like chocolate, but I am not a serious chocolate lover.  I like it in small doses. This was very tasty and tasted like dark chocolate, but I only ate half of it.

7 Coconut Mylk. Coconut meat and coconut water.  Holy moly was this good.  So fresh, so filling, so creamy and so freaking delicious. I happen to love coconut so this was a real treat for me. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water.  It's on the menu for day three, so I am super excited to have it again.

I felt great on Day Two.  No headaches, no light headed feelings.  I am amazed that I could have so much energy without drinking any caffeine and with eating such small portions.  Woo hoo!! On to Day Three.

No comments: